Monday, 8 April 2013

In The Storm That Followed

Under the moonlight that shines obscure
a lonely rover smeared by its shades
pleasantly shakes with a laugh that echoes
across the mountains and around the shores.

Rumbling thunder and the waves they complain
it's not fair, you laugh with such dismay
life is an ocean love is the wind
waves are emotions, yours don't fit in.

Oh! Tempest, my face wears a mask of distress
Her name brings all memories, socked in disdain
a day past the hour that killed my dear one
I laugh at my loss, for her blood is on my hands.

The rain pours down harder, the waves they collide
and the sea of desire rocks back and forth
this storm that had followed the greed for your love
shall stay till the fall, until your life dims to dawn

Now, every time I close my eyes.
rain pours down my house of cards
rolling down is my last teardrop
breaks its disguise, like a pearl of its shell.

To this world that ripped me apart, I owe
my life..that is yet to depart.
I stand here and shiver, with thoughts of my past
killing me... this storm will never pass

No comments:

Post a Comment